Texas A&M University has kept a great reputation as one of the top engineering schools in the nation. In order to do this, Texas A&M ensures that its programs satisfy the ABET Outcomes, as well as its own. The following sections describe these outcomes. I am going to expand on a few of these qualities/skills that I have obtained throughout my college career.
- A. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- B. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- C. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- D. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- E. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- F. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- G. An ability to communicate effectively.
- H. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- I. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- J. A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- K. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
TAMU Student Learning Outcomes
Texas A&M University ensures that a student who graduates with a baccalaureate degree will have acquired the knowledge and skills necessary to: